BBS Roasted Vegetable Medley
Roasted Beets, Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes, served 2 ways!
- cutting board
- 1 kg Beets (roughly 6 medium sized) I use the Love Beets vacuum sealed cooked beets, for convenience. But you can use canned, frozen or raw too.
- 500 grams Brussels Sprouts I use frozen baby Brussels sprouts, again, for convenience. But you can use whatever you can get/prefer.
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil I use canola but use whichever high smoke point oil you prefer.
- salt and pepper to your preference
For the salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard I use Smak Dab White Wine Herb
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 130 g goat cheese, crumbled
Roast the vegetables
- Turn oven on to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the sweet potatoes and beets, if needed.
- Chop all beets and sweet potatoes into 1/2- 1 inch pieces (It's not a fussy recipe)
- If needed, defrost Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise.
- Mix it all together on a sheet pan (you can divide it, if needed)
- Drizzle with oil (that has a high smoke point) and salt and pepper to your preference.
- Toss it all together and put it in the oven
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, mixing it up halfway.
- Once they are roasted to your preference, you can stop here and enjoy them as roasted vegetables or you can continue on to the salad.
- Mix together, oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. (add salt to taste)
- Pour dressing over roasted vegetables and stir to combine
- Add walnuts and goat cheese, stir to combine
We often have this over two days. Once as the roasted vegetables and then the next day as the salad but you can do whatever you want! Let me know if you have any questions or if you try it, I'd love to know what you thought.