- Baking Pan
- Grater (if using freshly grated parmesan)
- Serving Plate
- 1.5 lb asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp oil I use canola oil but any other high smoke point oil would be great
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Break off the ends of the asparagus (I find this method much more effective than trimming with a knife, plus it's more fun!)
- Rinse asparagus spears
- Place asparagus on baking pan and drizzle with oil, garlic powder and salt
- Toss asparagus with oil and garlic powder to make sure they are evenly (ish) coated and arrange in a single layer on the baking pan
- Put the asparagus in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, mix balsamic vinegar and black pepper together.
- When asparagus is done roasting, transfer the asparagus from the baking pan to a plate.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and black pepper mixture and sprinkle grated parmesan on top.
Adapted from The Looneyspoons Collection